Sunday, December 9, 2007

28 weeks

Happy Birthday MamaDoris! :)

This week has gone by pretty quickly! I have officially been in the hospital 13 days and 12 nights, with many more to come. Doesn't that sound like a long time? It really isn't when I compare myself to other mothers on my hallway. There one lady with twins that has been here since the first of October and another lady with twins that has been here since the first of November. I was also told that the last lady that was here with triplets, about a year ago, had to come in a 18 weeks and delivered at 35 weeks. So, I consider myself fortunate because I don't have to be here as long as any of these other ladies.

Don't get me wrong, I am going a little stir crazy! However, I have lots of things to keep me busy. Mentally, I am doing great. Physically, I feel myself getting more and more tired. The staff is just wonderful and takes real good care of me. I will admit that I have gotten pretty lazy since I have been in the hospital. But in my defense, I can't really do much of anything except lay in bed. I get to lay around in really comfortable clothes all day and night. Don't worry, I am still taking showers, brushing my teeth and my hair - that's about the extent of my grooming! This is why there are no pictures being posted of me! ;)

I get to see the boys every day now. I have an ultrasound every morning and they are doing the biophysical profiles everytime I go. These boys definately take after their dad because they have had some stubborn moments. There have been times when we need them to move around, but they want to sleep. I have to have a little talk with them and then they get to moving around. The boys don't have any problem moving around at night when I'm trying to sleep! I am also being hooked up to a monitor twice a day to monitor their heartbeats and for contractions. No contractions, and the boys have really strong heartbeats. It's actually kind of hard being on the monitors and something that I really don't enjoy. I have to lay pretty still on my back and it's really hard with the weight of the babies pressing on me. It's only for about 20 minutes each time.

I received some great news about my gestational diabetes this week. Because things have been going so well, they are only checking my blood sugar once a day now. The time that I am being checked varies from day to day. For example, tomorrow they will check my blood sugar after breakfast, then on Tuesday it will be checked after lunch. I am glad that I get to be just a little bit more relaxed with my meals. However, they still won't let me have a Hershey bar. I keep asking, but no one wants to bend the rule on that one!

I also got to take a tour of the NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit) this week. It made me feel so much better! The NICU at this hospital is truly top of the line. Shane and I have prepared ourselves for the fact that our boys may and probably will have to go to the NICU. The longer I carry them, the less time they will have to spend in there. Triplets are considered full term at 37 weeks, so I am trying to make that my goal for delivery.

This coming week will be my last week of work for a while. I will be finishing up some last minute things and getting my teams prepared to work without me for a while. I am sure that you all know this is going to be really hard for me, but I am sure that I will survive. This will give me a chance to watch some of the movies and read some books that everyone has sent to me. In all honesty, I'm looking forward to some good nap times!

Shane was "on call" for work this past week, but snuck over to see me when he could. He was able to spend the night over the weekend. I was so glad to have the company sure sure! We did sell our Maxima this week. I was sad that I didn't get to say a proper good-bye to that lovely car. Things should be finalized this week on the purchase of our Tahoe. I can't wait to see it! We are hoping that Shane will be able to take me outside for a minute to see it when the purchase is finalized. Shane's stepdad, Ricky, and our friend Scott Chilton were able to come over this weekend to help Shane finish the dog house and fence. Shane and Ricky put a lot of work into the that project two weekends in a row! Shane was able to send me pictures - it looks so good! It's just so crazy to me that all of this is going on while I am stuck in the hospital. You all know that I'm use to having my hands in everything. :)

I am still committed to blog more often, but that probably won't start until next week. I know I'll be busy finishing up some loose ends this week. I do not think that there will be too much exciting going on this week anyway. They are not going to do the baby's weights again until next Monday. I will be sitting on pins and needles until then. I can not wait to see how much they have grown.


1 comment:

A Mom Two Boys said...

Yay! You're doing such a super awesome job! :0) ENJOY the peace and quiet because soon enough you're not going to remember what those two words mean! Although I'm sure you'll love every minute of it! :0)