Tuesday, January 15, 2008

How is Hope?

First - HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARLEY!!!!

Several people have been asking.....how is Hope doing?

So far so good! I'm sure that I don't really have to say this - but I am ready to go home! It's been way too long since I've been living on my own homestead. Hopefully, it won't be too much longer. The boys are getting better each day, but this living day to day is kiling me!

I am healing wonderfully! I had my 2 weeks follow up today. (It actually was a 1 week 4 day follow up, but we'll round up!) Anyway, all went very well. My encision looks great and I should be able to return back to all of my normal activities in 4 weeks, after my next and final "follow up" appointment. I was given permission to drive - little does my doctor know that I've been driving since last week with no problem!

I'm ready to have my body back. Can someone tell me when that will happen? I didn't gain that much during my pregnancy and have already lost 26 pounds in just 11 days.

I feel great! I probably do too much going back and forth to the NICU as much as I do, but it can't be helped. I have taken a few nights off or a long morning to sleep in, but it's not something I can do everyday. I need to see my sweet boys!

So, not much more to tell about me. Except that I am back on my coffee/Starbucks addiction - so if anyone has any extra gift cards feel free to send them my way!

How is Shane? He's doing good. He's back at work and it's "killing him"! He wants to be able to stay in Memphis and spend time visiting with the boys. However, we need him to save his vacation days for when we have everyone at home. So, he will continue working until we are all home. He LOVES his boys!!! I say they all look like him - they've for sure got his sweet nose!

Thank you all for your thoughts, prayers, and well wishes. More posts to come soon!
~The Kesler's

No comments: