Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Super Savings - 2 weeks worth

All of the items in the photos below were items purchased last week before we went on our vacation. I decided to go ahead and stock up on some things so that we would not have to buy much while on vacation and so that we would not have to buy much when we got back home. So far, so good. The only shopping that I have had to do so far this week was for fresh fruit and milk.

Pictured above was my BIG spending shopping trip at Kroger, but I got some really great deals.
All of the meats that I purchased were on sale.
Cheese B1G1 - still on sale this week.
Ketchup - paid $1.00.
TP - paid $.50 each.
Kraft BBQ - paid $.25.
There were also some great 10 items for $10 deals.
I purchased a total of 53 items worth $80.49.
Total money that I spent: $44.21!!!
This photo includes some great deals that I got at Walmart.
My sweetest deals were the items that I got for FREE:
4 ice cream sandwiches
snickers bar
travel size lotion
travel size contact solution
Reach dental floss
1 pack of TP
My other great deals from this trip include:
2 Eggo bake shop apple twists for $.94 each
Bandages for $.50
Another 4 pack of TP for $.50
Toothpaste for $.25
Soy milk for $1.73
That's just a list of my SUPER sweet deals. Everything that I purchased was on sale, plus I had a coupon for something additional off of each item. All together I purchased a total of 27 items that were worth $34.96.
Total money that I spent: $13.96!!!
Ok, this was my FAVORITE shopping trip. I had a TON of coupons for this trip and I knew that I was going to be a little hassled. So, I went to Walmart later at night and tried to let people in front of me. Let me tell you about these sweet deals.
All of the juice pictured was purchased from Kroger, I got 8 jars of organic juice for $.50 each.
Everything else you see what purchased from Walmart.
MY GREATEST DEAL THUS FAR has to be the 40 blue bunny ice cream sandwiches that I got for FREE with my coupons. IT WAS AWESOME! I also got the snickers bar for FREE with a coupon! So, if you're heading to my house any time soon, come prepared to eat a yummy ice cream sandwich! :)
My other great deals from this trip include:
2 Eggo bake shop muffin tops for $.94 each
3 bx of HH for $.96 each
Bag of Tyson Chicken Nuggest for $4.75
All said and done, I purchased 57 items worth $105.33.
Total money that I spent: $15.33!!!!
THAT'S A GRAND TOTAL SAVINGS OF $147.28 ~ pretty awesome huh? :)
I would also like to make note of a GREAT savings that I happened upon at Walgreens this week. Our boys have pretty sensitive skin, inherited from your's truly I'm sure. Anyway, we have to use Cetaphil lotion on them which is usually pretty expensive. It normally costs $13.49/jar. Walgreens is running a great sale on this Cetaphil lotions this week and you can get it for $7.99 - what a great sale price. BUT THAT'S NOT ALL - There are some of that jars of lotion that are packaged with the bar soap, which is great, but it normally sells for $4.79/bar. Because of this deal I was able to get the lotion and the soap, which are normally valued at $18.28 combined, for ONLY $7.99!
I will be posting pictures from our recent vacation soon. In the meantime, tell me about some great deals that you've come across recently.

2 comments:

Mandi Woodhead said...

Girl you put me to SHAME! I am so excited about your savings and can't wait to hear more! Oh, and there is a little something fun headed towards your mailbox :)!
Love, Mandi

Rebecca said...

Man, those ice cream sandwiches are huge! You know I'll be all over any chocolate ones! I hear you on the poor people standing behind us coupon-users. I'm thinking of making one of those tent signs to put behind my groceries on the moving belt so all are warned. It would say, "Warning: Coupon Customer Here". I always warn the person behind me but they never pass it along to the others in line:( Anyhow, great job on the savings!