Sunday, November 11, 2007

24 weeks

Wow, this last week was a piece of cake compared to last one! All is going well at the Kesler house. My work has been great, I have been fortunate enough to have a lot of work to do from home so I get to take it easy when I need to. Shane is SO excited because deer season is right around the corner. I'm excited that Thanksgiving is not far off either. We are just trucking right along......

I did go in to my regular OB for the 4 hour torture, I mean glucose test, which was horrible! (Katy - you were SO right about it.) It had to have been one of the most miserable times that I can remember. I won't bore you with all of the details, but I will highlight some of the more memorable moments....Basically, I was not allowed to eat or drink until I got to my doctor's office. I could not even drink water! Once I got to my doctors office I was told to drink this orange drink, this was after they pricked one finger. The drink was absolutely terrible! It was like this thick orange syrup that I had to chug down. (Drew, I had visions of you and Eric acting silly downing maple syrup at Cracker Barrel. I have to say this had to have been WAY worse than that!) To make a long story short I had to sit at my doctors office for several hours while they tested my blood for the sugar levels, all the while NOT EVEN DRINKING WATER!!! (It should be noted that they pricked every finger on my left hand - it did not feel good.) I did have intentions of writing notes or reading a book, but I could not concentrate on anything. The absolute icing on the cake was when they told me that I had indeed failed the test. (ME FAIL?!?!) They diagnosed me with gestational diabetes. :( So, no sugar, candies, or goodies for me - you can all imagine how upset I am about this. Isn't this the time when I am suppose to be able to just eat guilt free? I know, it could be worse so I'm coming to terms with my new found diabetes.

In case you haven't noticed, I have already mentioned cake twice in this blog. I am hurting for some sweets! ;) Actually, I'm just trying to be funny about it. I know that cake and all of my sweet goodies will be back in my life soon.

Shane was able to finish staining the concrete floor in the nursery. I am just so proud of him, it looks superb! We are both really pleased with how it turned out, especially considering this is his first time doing something like that. Shane was also able to get 2 of the cribs put up in the nursey. It's all happening now! We still have a little work to do......our next nursey project is to put a new closet organizer up so that we can start loading it up. I am hoping to work on the curtains this week. It's going to look great when we're done! For those of you that are wondering, I have not had a chance to count the baby wipes that we've received. Vinnie says that I should take a poll......so, posts your guesses!

It had been so hard for me to just sit around and watch Shane do all of these projects around the house, but he keeps assuring me that he loves it. He has been working on the nursery, the shed, taking care of all of our animals, cooking, cleaning, doing laundry, rearranging furniture, etc....All I want to do is help him and I do what I can, i.e. he does the laundry and I fold, he cooks dinner and I eat! My doctor says that I have to rest as much as possible. Shane just tells me to enjoy it while I can. He is constantly checking on me and making sure that I have everything that I need - all the while working right along.

We go back to the high risk doctor this week and are so excited to see "the boys". They are moving constantly and I just love to feel them. It is the weirdest and most beautiful thing to be able to feel all 3 of them moving. They like to move at different times, but it truly never bothers me. I have been getting tired real easily and am trying to take it easy as much as I can. My belly is still growing, but have no fear - my belly button is still there. It's definately smaller, but it's there! My belly feels really tight, but my Mom assures me that I've got lots of room to grow.

More posts soon to come so keep checking in. Much love to you all!
~Hope

2 comments:

Carley G said...

I just love reading your blog!!! Hang in there for those sweets - that would kill me!

Laurie said...

Well, I hate to hear your have GD, but like you said it could be worse. Luckily, your one of the strongest people I know, so will power is definitely in your favor. Good luck with the nursery, and the pictures look great!!