Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Best shopping day to date

My local grocery store, Kroger, runs their sales from Wednesday through Tuesday. I got such great deals last week, that I decided to go back for some more deals before the sale closed. (Priscilla, you inspired me to go back.) So, I ran out to the store last night and I am SO happy I did. I think I had my best shopping experience yet! In summary, I was able to purchase 39 items worth $109.01 for ONLY $33.26 - that's right I ONLY PAID $33.26 for all of my groceries! That a 71% savings of $75.75!!!!

I was looking at this week's Kroger ad this morning and I think I was kind of able to get the "best of both worlds" last night. It looks like they had already started marking the sales for this week, so I was able to take advantage of last weeks deals with some of this weeks deals. If that is the case, then maybe I'll just have to start doing my shopping on Tuesday nights!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Yeah, I noticed that myself about Kroger. It's like a crossover night with the sales-- some things. I like to go before noon on Tuesday because there are always markdowns in produce, bread and meat. I too had a good visit. I had about $110 total before coupons and mega savings. Walked out of there paying $80. It's no $33 but pretty good for me. Awesome job, Hope!

Mandi W said...

Awesome! I had a record Kroger week too but it was only 45% off the total. Stacking is where it's at for me!