Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Trip to the Mountains

Here are some photos from our recent trip to the Smoky Mountains with my family for the great birthday bash 2008. This was something that my folks cooked up about a year ago and it was a wonderful time for all of us involved. There were 5 families from all over the country; CA, MS, TN, MO, and VA - 20 people total. It was the first time that we've all been together in a very long time, it was really nice. The Kesler Crew had a blast - it was our first BIG road trip with the boys. All went very well. By the way, if you are interested in vacationing in that area let me know. Our parents have a beautiful cabin there that they would love to rent out to you, so feel free to contact me and I'll put you in touch with the right people. (Papa Al and Yaya, I hope you don't mind that little plug.)
I'm sure that most of you know that we LOVE being outdoors, so this trip was a big treat for us. Shane and I were so looking forward to doing some hiking. We were able to hike to Abrams Fall one day while Yaya and Papa Al watched the boys. Let me tell you, it was WONDERFUL to be outside in nature. Shane and I have been missing it. We discussed as were hiking along that we hiked this same trail almost 9 years ago on a camping trip with Shane's sister Shannon. It was just as beautiful as we remembered! :)
The boys hanging out with Mom on the front porch of the house.
Relaxing with Dad.
Seth (with Yaya)
Paul
Clay
Cades Cove Loop
Some beautiful ice strings that we saw on our hike to Abrams Fall. They looked like sugar ribbon. They were so delicate and pretty.
Shane at Abrams Fall.
What a beautiful day!

No comments: